- Danville, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Med-surg Adult. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Bush Pavilion 7th floor (BP7) is a 28 bed (10 private/9 semi-private) medical-surgical unit.
- Our patient aggregation includes surgical and internal medicine patients.
- Typical Internal Medicine patient diagnoses include but not limited to pancreatitis, pneumonia, acute renal failure, cystic fibrosis, sepsis, altered mental status, UTI, respiratory infection, wound care, CAPD (Traveler nurses are not responsible for performing CAPD exchanges). Surgical patient diagnoses include general surgery, ENT, plastic surgery, GYN surgery, GI surgery, urology, and renal transplant (Traveler nurses are not assigned fresh post-operative renal transplant patients.
- Nurse patient ratio is 4:1 on day and evening shift with night shift being 5 or 6:1.
- A modified primary nurse model is used as our care delivery model. The nursing team includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants and Unit Desk Clerks (day and evening shifts).
- We seek individuals accustomed to working in a fast-paced team environment. In addition, we seek someone with a strong work ethic and has high integrity.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
Requirement: General Certifications(BLS/BCLS)
- Assess patient condition.
- Administer medications.
- Apply and change dressings.
- Monitor vital signs.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Friday, September 11, 2020