RN-Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (PACU), Pre-Op
- Chillicothe, OH
Registered Nurse Job Description
Registered Nurse witha skill set offering flexibility to float between Pre- op, PACU, and Post -op areas within Surgical Services. This individual has a broad range of experience taking care of many specialties and comfortable to work in each area daily.
RN will be directed by assignment,proicient with IV starts, lab draws and complete EKG's within the preoperative area. PACU RN has responsibility of recovering general and various types of anesthesia cases.
Post op RN will actively monitor vital signs, assess incision/dressing care, and complete discharge instructions as applicable. Will use Meditech, Pyxis, and eCW.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, September 10, 2020