RN-Floor Nurse, PCU, Registered Nurse, Step Down
- Rapid City, SD
Registered Nurse Job Description
Candidate will be placed in the Progressive Care Unit with the floating assignments to the Cardiac Intervention Unit. Candidate may also be placed in the ICU, Med/Surg, or surge capacity units if necessary based on the need of the organization.
PCU cares for adults with a variety of diagnoses which include CHF, ARF, ESLD, DM, DKA, pneumonia, sepsis, GI bleed, syncope, chest pain, respiratory failure, COPD, arrhythmias, and delirium tremors. The unit cares for and manage the care of patients with chronic and/or acute illnesses who are experiencing acute problems that require complex assessments, intensive therapies and interventions, and moderate levels of nursing vigilance.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- must float to the surge capacity COVID areas as needed. Will grant RTO only if it is submitted and in contract ahead of time and approved by the department.
- General Certifications(ACLS,BLS/BCLS); Nursing Certifications(NIHSS)
- 2- MinExperienceRequired
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking. ...
- Compassion. .
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Friday, September 11, 2020