- Danville, PA
Registered Nurse Job Description
Assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction.
Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as established in unit standards including, patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and organizational quality and safety.
- Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
You Must have :
- GP2 is a 24 bed Medical Observation Unit designed to provide high-quality, personalized care to patients who require evaluation and treatment for a period between 8 to 24 hours.
- Some of the conditions treated in the Medical Observation Unit include; syncope, acute kidney injury, abdominal pain, generalized weakness, chest pain, UTI's, TIA and COPD.
- The nursing staff on the MOU (Medical Observation Unit) work closely with the Physician staff, Care Management and other departments to closely coordinate the care needs of the patients.
- Patients whose conditions improve are typically discharged to home. This can occur at any point in time during a 24-hour period.
- Patients whose condition fails to improve or worsen will be admitted to an inpatient unit for further care.
- Our leadership team consists of an Operations Manager, a Team Coordinator and an Educator.
- Our nurse to patient ratio varies but typically is 4:1 on all three shifts.
- GP2 support staff and resources include unit based: Nursing Assistants and a Unit Desk Clerk on each shift. We also have a Care Manager and a Social worker throughout the day.
- GP2 nurses attend shift-based team huddles and participate in Multidisciplinary Team rounds called Boost rounds.
- During the Boost rounds the nursing staff present their patients to the other team members to identify barriers to discharge. The Boost rounds are also designed to improve the overall quality of care and patient outcomes.
- Education:Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
- Experience: Certification(s) and License(s): Basic Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA), Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
- Professional growth experience.
- Utilizing organization skills.
- Patient variety.
- Practicing quick thinking skills.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Thursday, January 14, 2021