Mid Level Network Engineer
Input Staffing LLC
- Fort George G Meade, MD
Input Staffing is searching for a Mid-level Network Engineer for a direct hire opportunity at Ft Meade, MD.
You will successfully survey, assess, and design replacement network components, end point devices, equipment, and software in execution of customer IT life-cycle management plans.
Design and deployment efforts include configuration, implementation, acceptance, technical documentation, and follow-up technical support. Planning also includes capacity management and load balancing analysis to ensure that capacity efficiently meets workload requirements.
Assists in the maintenance of and submits recommendations for addition to the customer’s Approved Products List (APL) and Approved Software List (ASL).
- Surveys current and future locations to support agency network infrastructure
- Inventory and validation of agency current and future network devices and topologies
- Designs and installs architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the network requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
- Configures, installs, tests, validates, and troubleshoots network infrastructure devices
- Ensures Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application
- Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant with policies, processes, and procedures
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action
- Provide support team members with the tools, knowledge, and support documentation required to support enterprise architecture
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed
- Attend work regularly to ensure all job duties are timely performed
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
- Active secret security clearance
- 3+ years experience and bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, technical or related
- 5+ years experience and Certified technical or vocational school
- IATLevel II(Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- Understanding of structured cabling and installation standards
- Knowledge and/or experience with network security practices
- Designing and deploying OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, MBGP, VXLAN, VLAN, Virtual Chassis, LACP, 802.1x, WLAN, SSL-VPN, and Spanning Tree
- Ability to configure, install, test and validate, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide network infrastructure devices
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques and tools (e.g., network packet capture and analysis, network analyzers, port scanning, and monitoring)
- Ability to review and develop network diagrams
- Ability to assess, document and provide recommended courses of action (CoA) to mitigate risk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to of risks detail
- MS Office Suite (Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and other applications) proficient
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations.
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure projects are kept on track, and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Cisco Switch Series (2900, 3700, 3800, 3900, 4500, 6500)
- Cisco Switch Nexus Series (7k/9k) and Catalyst 9000 Series Preferred
- Cisco Router Series (3700, 3800, 3900, ASI 1000)
- Cisco Router ISR 4000 Series preferred
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Syslog, SNMP, and IPv4/v6
- Juniper Series (MX, SRX, EX)
- Bluecoat Web Proxies
- General Dynamic TACLANEs
- Active Directory
- Familiar with DoD Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS)
- Experience with DoD network device installation and configuration
- Familiar with working in a ticketing system/ITIL framework
- Experience with upgrading systems and applying security patches
- Experience with WAN optimization and load balancing
- 3+ years of network design, deployment, and operation
- CCNA/CCNP, MSCS or other related certifications or specialty experience
Tuesday, January 12, 2021