Engineering Delivery Manager
Input Staffing LLC
- La Plata, MD
Input Staffing is searching for an Engineering Delivery Manager for a direct hire opportunity supporting an MSSP out of the La Plata, MD area! This is a remote position with occasional travel.
Our client is a growing Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) with a compliance niche looking for employees that want to make a difference at their place of work. Specializing in commercial and government IT contract support,
We're looking for a hands-on Engineering Delivery Manager responsible for overseeing our team of engineers and mission-critical projects for our current customer portfolio. As a leader within the DIB (Defense Industry Base) supporting client technology business outcomes, you will be responsible for the delivery of those solutions. You will be directly responsible for the utilization and the profitability of the department. You will be in direct contact with key project and executive stakeholders throughout the entire project life-cycle to ensure client satisfaction and adoption. This position reports to the CEO and will be involved in the overall operations of the service delivery department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall engineering and project delivery.
- Growth and success of each team member.
- Reporting on technician utilization and department profitability.
- Oversight on all active projects: cloud migrations, new client onboardings, upgrades, new technology deployments.
- Manage, lead, and delegate tasks for all assigned projects and initiatives.
- Have insight on department growth, adding additional positions as required.
- The hiring of new team members and new positions.
- Understand all technology offerings.
- Update and maintain documentation pertaining to internal engineering processes.
- Develop templated project plans.
- Evaluate and develop new service offerings based on product evaluation, testing, and demos.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering team members.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Technology or related field with 7+ years or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years working in technology service via MSP, MSSP, or VAR.
- 5+ years in leading lower level technicians in projects, tasks or large initiatives.
- 5+ years experience with enterprise-level infrastructures within AWS, Azure, VMware deployments and hands-on experience in their design, architecture, deployment and implementation.
- 5+ years experience in network concepts including Routing/Switching, VLANs, NAT, AAA, ACLs, VoIP, VPN, and QoS.
- 5+ years experience with all flavors of Windows Server (2008/2012/2016/2019) as well as Active Directory, GPO, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS/R, etc.
- Microsoft collaboration products experience would be a plus (Teams, Skype, SharePoint, etc.).
- PMP, ITIL v3+, CAPM, CISSP, or the ability to obtain within 120 days of hire.
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, VCAP, a plus.
- A clearance is not required but is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to travel onsite in the Southern MD Tri-County and DMV area (e.g., DC, Maryland, and Northern VA, and to the alternate office (Leonardtown) when necessary.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, managers, and executives.
- Ability to work individually, actively participate in integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and high-level POCs in person, over the phone, by email, and through the project management system.
- Ability to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Ability to assist junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Ability to perform all tasks of lower level technicians and analysts.
- Ability to build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates.
- Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum measures, product utilization, and lifecycle of operating systems.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Thursday, February 11, 2021