Input Staffing LLC
- Fort George G Meade, MD
Input Staffing is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team at Ft Meade, MD.
- With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Designs architectures to include the software to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture. Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
- Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Creates detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members. Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Develops software design documents and technology white papers.
- Instrumental in selection of development tools. Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Engineer messaging systems, Windows Server Enterprise supported by the Infrastructure team by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
- Install, maintain and monitor equipment, which may include network and server infrastructure, application systems and database systems
- Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and messaging environments through following an institutionalized change management process
- Responsible for solving problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations requires evaluation and judgment;
- Responsible for evaluating current systems; assisting in designing solutions for our government client, and at times, can provide informal supervision, leadership and training to less experienced technicians.
- Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
- Work with ticket queue to track support issues
- Available to provide after-hours support
- Willing and available for on-call and exercise support
- Willing and available up to travel 25% during times of implementation
- This is a rare opportunity to work in a “Soup to Nuts” environment, we perform ALL aspects of the IT build to operational process, you will never stop learning on this job.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Comfortable outside comfort zone
- Fast paced environment with minimal direction
- Most important experience from full explanation below:
- Active Directory
- Troubleshooting and Implementation
- Position requires seven (7) to ten (10) years direct experience in the last twelve (12) years designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Enterprise Services [Servers, email (Exchange), instant messaging (Lync, Tactical Chat Server, OpenFire), Web Services (SharePoint) and other communication tools.]
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Technical certification in area of expertise (for Admin acess)
- Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret w/SSBI clearance is required
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Solid experience with Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting Virtual Networking configurations
- Strong experience in implementing Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
- Solid experience with anti-spam, encryption and email tracking, TLS configurations, transport rules, and e-discovery.
- Strong Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
- Strong experience with Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
- Experience developing Powershell scripts for administration/automation. Specifically for the automation of Day 1 – Day 3 Operations automation.
- Serves as Storage Administrator in support of NetApp Storage Area Network. Lead implementation, design, development and maintenance of NetApp filers in a VMware datacenter.
- Experience with VMware Operations Manager, LogInsight, Subject Matter Expert with either Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, SharePoint, or other complex Windows applications
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.
- Technical lead for large scale projects involving Windows technologies
- Cloud and hybrid cloud deployments
- Experience with Microsoft application deployment automation (i.e. Active Directory, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync/Teams, IIS, MS Certificate Services, SQL and MDT)
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering)
Tuesday, February 16, 2021