Input Staffing LLC
- La Plata, MD
Input Staffing is searching for a Cloud Engineer to support an amazing MSP client in the La Plata, MD area! This is a direct hire position working for a growing organization offering great benefits and a competitive salary!
Support cloud infrastructure evaluation, design, architecture and implementation projects and tasks both internally and for clients. Act as the last escalation point for the Engineering team for all technical issues. Participate in pre-sales technical meetings to vet potential clients and participate in client discovery meetings. Design, develop, and/or integrate proven solutions to complex application problems for vast portfolio of commercial customers. Troubleshoot system administration issues or network concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own all facets of Azure/AWS cloud architecture, deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Manage, lead, and delegate tasks for all assigned projects and tasks to lower level engineers.
- Evaluate and develop new service offerings based on product evaluation, testing and demos.
- Manage existing Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory environments.
- Install/Maintain virtual infrastructure including VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Design and implement backup/disaster recovery solutions for image and file level data.
- Provide networking, storage and server level administration.
- Update and maintain documentation pertaining to internal engineering processes.
- Utilize scripts to increase productivity and implement automation for repetitive tasks in operations.
- Last level of escalation for any and all technical issues.
Desired qualifications include:
- 3+ years in leading lower level technicians in projects, tasks or large initiatives.
- 4+ years experience with enterprise level infrastructures within AWS, Azure, VMware deployments and hands on experience in their design, architecture, deployment and implementation.
- 4+ years experience in cloud migrations (Office 365, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- 4+ years experience in advanced installation and troubleshooting experience of network concepts including Routing/Switching, VLANs, NAT, AAA, ACLs, VoIP, VPN, and QoS.
- 5+ years experience with all flavors of Windows Server (2008/2012/2016/2019) as well as Active Directory, GPO, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS/R, etc.
- Microsoft collaboration products experience would be a plus (Teams, Skype, SharePoint, etc.)
- Scripting experience using VBscript, WSscript, and/or PowerShell knowledge a huge plus.
- Security+ certification required, or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- AWS or Azure certifications preferred, or the ability to obtain within 180 days of hire.
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCP, VCAP, a plus.
- A clearance is not required, but is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to travel onsite in the Southern MD Tri-County and DMV area (e.g., DC, Maryland, and Northern VA, and to alternate office (Leonardtown) when necessary.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, managers, and executives.
- Ability to work individually, actively participate on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and high level POCs in person, over the phone, email, and through project management system.
- Ability to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Ability to analyze cross-functional problem sets, identify root causes and resolve issues.
- Ability to assist junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Ability to perform all tasks of lower level technicians and analysts.
- Ability to build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates.
- Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum measures, product utilization, and lifecycle of operating systems.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Monday, December 21, 2020