Input Staffing LLC
- Suffolk, VA
Input Staffing is searching for a Network Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Suffolk, VA!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This individual will serve as a key member to plan network layouts, install components, and configure services to meet project requirements.
- Analyze network topologies, traffic, and capacity requirements for monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting during events.
- Between project execution events, and as part of the network team, be responsible for operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of networks of varying classifications, to include implementing security configurations, performing network diagnostics, and identifying required corrective actions.
- Implement DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements for device operating systems, services, and roles.
- Conduct daily maintenance activities including log reviews and connectivity checks to maintain the infrastructure in a project-ready state; troubleshoot issues.
- Physically install devices in equipment racks and user workspaces.
- Occasionally travel in support of network events, up to six weeks duration per year.
Knowledge Required Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Must possess experience in at least two (2) of the following and experience must have been obtained within the past five (5) years:
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, firewalls, switches, NTP servers, DNS and DHCP
- Configuring firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades and outages
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with the DoD STIG process
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret
- Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2
- Must hold Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Experience in applying security policies and controls (802.1x, ACS, STIGs, encryption devices).
- Experience with device configurations, security policies, and IP routing in a multi-vendor environment.
- Proficiency with Linux Firewalls (IP Tables).
- Proficiency with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewall devices, Flex VPN devices, and/or Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN).
- Experience with wireless networks, radio frequency spectrum, and/or satellite communications.
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet Cyber, etc.).
- Experience in designing data communications networks, federating networks, implementing VLAN separation, and working in virtualized environment (e.g., VMWare, vSphere, Virtual Switch).
Monday, January 18, 2021