Communications Technician - Lead
Input Staffing LLC
- Norfolk, VA
Input Staffing is searching for a Lead Communications Technician for a direct hire opportunity here in the Norfolk, VA area!
Serve as Project Coordinator and Lead Technician. Supervise, manage, and provide direction for Communication Technicians and Installation Team.
- Responsible for designing all telecommunications projects to include:
- Gathering specific project information for the project initiation
- Creation of the project budget
- Identifying project deliverables
- Managing budget and deliverables
- Creating and managing launch and deadline dates
- Effectively communicating between all stakeholders
- Closing of the project
- Conduct Site Surveys to provide labor and material estimates.
- Cabinet installation including fabrication, power, and cabling.
- Cable fabrication and installation for ship and shore communication equipment.
- Develop cutover plans for integration of newly installed infrastructure. Interface with government and management personnel, providing updates on project status/requirements. Create and update continuity books to include location of pertinent information and provide engineer technical solutions.
- Attends meetings and interface directly with client to determine telecommunication installation projects and schedules.
Required Skills & Experience
- Requires completion of formal resident trade school or apprentice program in electronics OR completion of at least three (3) U.S. Military schools in electronic communications equipment or systems and Grade E-6 or equivalent.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience of data cabling and maintenance experience, installation, testing, and repair of telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Must have experience working with the following:
- Installation of cabinets, cable ladder and rack systems, equipment components, ducts and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling.
- Installation of outside and interior copper and fiber cabling, fiber optic modems, fiber multiplex equipment, fiber patch panels, analog and digital copper patch panels, main and intermediate distribution frames, lightning protection, and supporting ground and power connections.
- BICSI Technician and prior military experience.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in a majority of the following:
- IT Security and Infrastructure experience related to operations management, business definitions, system design reviews, systems deployment planning and execution, training and support.
- Project Management experience, including project planning for technology systems ideally specific to IT Security and Infrastructure, vendor negotiations, and coordination of multi-departmental activities, budget planning and tracking for multi-million dollar projects.
Monday, January 18, 2021