Unreal Engine Graphics Engineer
inspHIRE Talent Solutions
- Anywhere , North America, United States
Unreal Graphics Engineer - 100% Remote in North America
We are looking for an experienced graphics engineer to join a team of talented developers as they build leading edge simulated worlds to generate realistic synthetic data to train the latest computer vision solutions.
Our client specializes in creating highly realistic synthetic data that is used to train the latest generation of computer vision and machine learning algorithms. They work with a diverse group of clients from a variety of industries to support their work to develop innovative computer vision solutions.
What you will do...
- Design and implement new graphics systems using Unreal 4 for our simulated data environment and tools.
- Increase the visual fidelity and efficiency of rendering of a wide variety of 3D environments and custom content.
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our clients and tools pipeline.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Actively maintain skill set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
- 3+ years professional experience as graphics programmer working with Unreal 4 (UE4)
- Strong C, C++ programming and debugging experience
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
- Experience with implementing a DirectX or OpenGL based rendering system and subsystems
- Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics
- Thorough understanding of graphics techniques relating to lighting, shadowing, etc.
- Knowledge of shading languages such as HLSL and GLSL
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware
- Thorough understanding of the current UE4 rendering pipeline
- Experience customizing the UE4 codebase
- Built an Engine from scratch
- Worked on a multi-year large-scale game or other 3D graphics project
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with python
- Machine learning or computer vision software development experience
About our client:
AI and Machine Learning technology company whose synthetic data platform creates a virtually endless supply of annotated images and videos to accelerate computer vision and machine learning by lowering the cost of training while improving the quality, diversity, and accuracy of metadata. Diverse and collaborative culture. Backed by high-profile investors that include Resolute Ventures, Vulcan Capital, Compound and Locke Mountain Ventures. Customers include F500 and US Government.
2020 Gartner "Cool Vendor" designee.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021