Urgent Hiring: Junior Estimator
FULL-TIME, DIRECT HIRE
We are seeking a detailed and methodical Junior Estimator to join the team. Our client is a rapidly growing, high-end residential construction firm operating throughout Manhattan and the surrounding areas, the Hamptons, and Los Angeles.
You’ll be joining a team of 4 assisting in working on the world’s most exciting and high-profile residential construction projects.
- A degree or higher-level certification; preferred in construction, engineering, architectural or related field
- Three plus years’ experience in residential construction estimating or a related field
- Must Excel in Microsoft Excel and Takeoff software
- Superior communication, mathematical and organizational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to come in office to our NYC Location and attend initial site walkthroughs in the surrounding areas
- Earn and maintain trust by demonstrating honesty, accountability and reliability
- Experience with Sage, Timberline, and Salesforce is a plus
- Vast knowledge of trades, time frames, field execution and typically missed scope/exposures and common assumptions
- Prior high-end sub-contractor relationships a plus
- Experience creating templates, policies, and efficiencies within an organization
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Identify areas of inefficiency and willingness to create processes, protocols, templates and the like for the betterment of the entire estimating team
- Assist the Senior Estimators in all steps of their estimating process
- Completes a thorough review of all documents, Interpret and review project plans and proposals to provide all costing estimates
- Complete take offs
- Set up walkthroughs with subcontractors and collect pricing form multiple subcontractors include our in-house trades and craftsman
- Obtain bids for each trade and supplier group.
- Review and analyze bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material quality,
insurance, wages, and related items.
- Create, evaluate, and present an estimate for the job
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project
- Discuss and resolve any questions with subcontractor.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Work in partnership with the director of sales on timing and setup, director of operations on project schedule and means and methods and project manager to plan the job prior to project initiation
- Ability to present budge work in a client or architect meeting setting
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies. Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs. Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
Benefits of the Position:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision Options
- 401k Options
- Joining a thriving company with opportunities to grow
- Transportation to any meetings
- Working alongside the best architects, designers and engineers in the world
- Exposure to exciting projects