Physician Family Practitioner
- Gary, IN, United States
- The Family Practitioner is a skilled member of the health team who provides medical and educational services to, according to protocol, and within the scope of their professional license in the State of Indiana.
- Current, unrestricted Family Practitioner licensure with the state of Indiana required.
- Graduate of a M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution.
- Current, unrestricted licensure with the state of Indiana required.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Family Practitioner preferred.
- Experience or training in primary care setting is required.
- Perform physical assessment of patients using observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation and percussion.
- Treat patients following standardized protocols and clinical guidelines.
- Obtain and evaluate complete medical histories of patients and provide counseling and education to families on acute, chronic and preventative conditions.
- Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of medical practice.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Involves the patient, family, and community in setting realistic goals to achieve desired outcomes.
- Interact respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships with families.
- Ensure that patients receive basic education/instruction on all continued care prescribed.
- Collaborate with all members of the care team in providing patient-centered care.
- Maintains legible, accurate and confidential medical records.
- Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance), TJC (The Joint Commission), and state regulatory standards.
- Meet quality improvement standards for clinical record-keeping.
- Maintains safe, infection free environment.
- Ensures all personal professional licenses and certifications are kept current.
- Prescribe medications as needed.
- Family Practice Physician may provide in patient care coverage for the company as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Service: Provides high-quality customer service by meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands our customer’s needs and uses this information to prioritize what the organization must do to fulfill them.
- Quality of Work: Consistently demonstrates competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Quantity of Work: Meets or exceeds established work deadlines; uses time and resources appropriately; meets production goals and objectives.
- Compliance: Adheres to department and organizational policies and procedures; keeps current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; timely, accurately and thoroughly completes required documentation.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the abilities, skills and knowledge to effectively perform the job responsibilities, duties and procedure; receptive to learning new skills; participates in on-going training and professional development.
- Risk Management: Consistently observes prescribed safety rules and practices; corrects or reports all hazards that may cause an accident; follows established work procedures for assigned tasks.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance requirements; practices proper call-off procedures and informs others of absences.
- Teamwork: Establishes positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, clients and the public; willingly accepts assignments; cooperates with others towards common objectives; volunteers for organizational and community activities and projects.
- Physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met as an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to see, hear, sit, stand, speak and walk.
- Minor physical effort.
- Requires person to stand and/or walk some of the day
- Lifts, carries or uses lightweight (<25 lbs.) materials.
MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
- Mental and Visual Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs work which regularly produces a high level of mental and/or visual fatigue (>50% but <of workday).
- Requires a normal range of vision.
- Requires ability to distinguish between letters, numbers and symbols.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to mildly unpleasant conditions most of the day.
- Exposed to undesirable conditions intermittently.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases.
Saturday, March 11, 2023