Commercial Loan Officer
- Emlenton, PA, United States
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration or/and equivalent experience in business related field required.
- Professional banking school (with primary emphasis on commercial lending) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years banking, with 2 years’ experience in commercial banking preferred.
- Demonstrated strong sales ability or aptitude with proven business development skills.
- Must have experience analyzing financial data and preparing loan documentation.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance related to lending.
- Must be highly motivated, results oriented, and a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to become involved in community organizations and events.
- Must possess excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Must be able to maintain flexibility in scheduling and be available to travel to develop customer relationships.
- Ability to utilize industry related software.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate predetermined commercial loan and deposit production goals by expanding existing customer wallet share and attracting new customers to the Bank.
- Develops new business by calling on and developing relationships with existing customers, centers of influence, and prospective customers.
- Interviews applicants and collects and interprets financial and related data in order to determine the general creditworthiness of prospective borrowers and the merits of specific loan requests.
- Determines which credit products best meet the customer's needs and financial circumstances.
- Negotiates provisions, interest rates/fees, and structure of loans, including SBA and other public financing programs.
- Develops materials for credit analysis, assists analysts with the evaluation of loan requests, and prepares written submissions for consideration by the Bank’s Loan Committees.
- Approves loans within established authority or presents credit requests to Officers Loan Committee (and Board Loan Committee when required) for approval.
- Ensures that loan transactions are properly documented and closed in accordance with approved terms and conditions.
- Obtains credit information from customers on an ongoing basis while continuously monitoring the portfolio to identify and react to any deterioration in credit quality.
- Maintains proper Risk Ratings on accounts at all times.
- Identifies and resolves any credit problems or potential problems with loan customers in a timely manner and assists the Asset Recovery collector to contact any delinquent accounts.
- Markets business banking products to existing and prospective customers.
- Ensures that all lending activities are conducted in compliance with Bank and Regulatory standards.
- Reports directly to Chief Lending Officer with accountability and incentives for individual loan production, quality, profitability, and compliance.
- Stays current on changes in lending standards, industry practices, and legal/compliance requirements.
- Assists Credit Operations personnel and provides support as needed. Coordinates functions with related departments and branches.
- Facilitates small business commercial lending by advising/mentoring Branch Managers with calling efforts, underwriting, and credit maintenance.
- Assists Branches with consumer lending, branch operations, and general banking practices.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and professional business relations with related trade professionals.
- Maintains and protects the Bank's professional reputation while participating in appropriate community affairs.
- Actively participate in community service activities and/or volunteer to promote our mission, generate visibility, and serve our local community.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see and adjust visual focus, to use hands to handle objects and/or tools, to sit, to stand, to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to transport themselves and lift up to 15 pounds.
Friday, March 17, 2023