Industrial Maintenance Electrician
- Kinsale, VA
- Responsible for daily electrical work and personal safety.
- Maintain machinery and equipment in good repair to allow for effective mill flow.
- To answer radio calls as promptly as possible to make repairs to maintain mill flow with all regards to safety. In situations requiring assistance, contact Supervisor, or another electrical/maintenance crew member.
- The time periods between radio calls shall be spent working on project list.
- Additional spare time is to be utilized performing tasks associated with the preventative maintenance program. Problem areas need to be noted and forwarded for further examination and repair.
- Periodically, work orders may be issued for minor repairs throughout the mill.
- In situations of a major breakdown where the mill is unable to function, this individual will be expected to assist in the necessary repairs.
- The production supervisor may also issue requests relating to correcting safety deficiencies if they can be completed with the manpower and resources available on shift.
- Use of hand tools and equipment (grinders, etc) as required weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Continuous walking, stairs and standing throughout shift.
- Routinely carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Complete tasks in awkward or confined spaces at times (inside conveyors, from heights/ladder etc.)
- Reaching, bending, twisting & kneeling to carry out tasks when necessary.
- Occasionally required to carry out tasks on uneven surfaces.
- Use of both hands and arms to carry out tasks.
- Work indoors, exposed to typical outdoor environmental temperatures, dust, vibration and noise within acceptable WCB Levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment.
- Communicate clearly with supervisors, maintenance personnel and co-workers.
- Visual acuity.
- Able to read and follow safe work procedures.
- Clear understanding of Metric and Imperial measure.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Quick decision-making abilities.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Manual dexterity.
- Record electronically or make notes regarding repairs completed, repairs needing to be done or parts required to complete tasks.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE Provided if necessary
Monday, September 25, 2023