Support the design, development, production launch, and maintenance of components, assemblies, or systems for the automotive market. Generally, functions in support of a single product development program with the ability to perform some of the key accountabilities while demonstrating strong Key Competencies. Demonstrates characteristics that foster team progress, the initiative to take on challenging assignments, and the ability to create opportunities where none exist. Capable of demonstrating good problem-solving skills and strong analytical skills. Accountabilities will include documentation of activities appropriate to the activity.
1. Work with cross-functional teams to launch and improve new and current products to meet corporate goals.
2. Lead and support the implementation of design concepts from component design through finished assembly. This would include analysis, concept sketching, dimensional verification, and general demonstration of the use of core engineering disciplines. This may include support for the completion of DFMEA documents.
3. Develop design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly, test, data analysis, and design refinement. Should be able to develop designs in CAD. This may include some direction of technical support personnel.
4. Lead lab testing that is done to verify and validate the design concepts to meet specification requirements for function, environmental compatibility, reliability, and durability. This may include support for the generation and completion of DVP&R documentation.
5. Control documentation requirements as indicated in the Design Control section of IATF 16949 Manual. This would include Design Control files, DFMEA, Parts Lists, Drawings, Specifications, and DVP&R’s.
6. Support Program Management activities related to the release and production launch of product designs. This may include generating and maintaining program timing plans, team communications, meeting minutes, management reports.
7. Support activities related to the development and delivery of prototype products to customers, plants, and internal development uses.
8. Support customer interface activities, including phone, electronic, and personal communication as necessary to support development, production release, and maintenance of products. This would include professional representation of the organization in all arenas of possible customer presence. Host regular customer meetings to maintain close customer engagement, including on-site meetings.
9. Support division-wide cost reduction and containment initiatives.
10. Support plant Quality and Manufacturing teams to manage supplier and internal design deviation and improvement requests.
11. Support completion of special assignments and other duties as required.
Technical Specifications and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Experience in automotive components or systems; 3+ years preferred
- Experience with general office computer tools desired (Office 365, Project)
- Knowledge of LabView
- Informing – Provides timely information people need to do their jobs to the appropriate team
- Problem Solving – Uses logic and six sigma methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers to reach the actual root cause.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly and often; Open-minded; grasps and applies lessons learned; leads effective experiments to find solutions; Enjoys challenges; Quickly grasps and applies concepts.
- Creativity – Develops new and unique ideas; makes connections among previously unrelated notions; provides original and value-added ideas.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; full of energy for challenges; acts with appropriate planning; seizes opportunities to make a positive impact.
- Process Management – Manages processes necessary to get tasks completed on time; can organize people and activities; can prioritize tasks into an efficient workflow; Knows what to measure and how to measure it; Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others cannot; Can simplify complex processes; is efficient.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; Has the patience to hear people out; Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Functional Technical Skills – Has the functional knowledge and skill to do the job at an elevated level of accomplishment.
- Works Well with Others – Relates well to people inside and outside the organization; Builds appropriate rapport; Builds constructive and effective relationships; Uses diplomacy and tact; Can help diffuse high-tension situations through staying calm and speaking with data and facts.
- Self-Knowledge – Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; Seeks feedback; Gains insights from mistakes; Is open to criticism; Isn’t defensive; Is receptive to talking about shortcomings; Participates in balanced performance reviews and career decisions.
- Will sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to 10 hours per day
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push or pull on a routine basis
- Will lift, push, or pull up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry, or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis.
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend on a routine basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; safety shoes steel toe or other ASTM standard), gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket/vest or apron, and arm guards)
- US Citizen/Green Card only
-No H1B Sponsorships or TN Visa