Assistant Psychological Services Supervisor
- Chatsworth, CA, United States
Full-time, Direct, Permanent position
ASSISTANT PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR
- Receives general supervision from Psychological Services Supervisor.
- Provides supervision to intake case managers and associates, and assigned support staff, as well as quality assurance activities for vendor clinicians who perform psychological and social assessments.
The Position and Job Summary
(These are examples of the types of duties that may be performed. Additional duties may be added.)
- May train and/or provide oversight to intake and psychological department staff and contract clinicians.
- Assigns work, evaluates results, ensures quality of work, and consults with staff on complex service issues.
- Ensures that department staff complete work assignments within program timelines and agency service standards, with an emphasis on providing professional and quality customer service.
- Evaluate consumers or potential consumers, performing interviews, tests, and record reviews, makes eligibility or program recommendations.
- Participates in multidisciplinary staffing and meetings.
- Provides consultation to staff on consumer services issues and serves as a liaison to outside agencies, as assigned.
- Assists in problem resolution with outside agencies or service providers.
- Acts as an expert witness at fair hearing proceedings
Any combination equivalent to or likely to provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be:
- A Ph.D., Psy.D. in psychology from an APA-accredited program and licensure by the California Board of Psychology.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience providing testing, diagnostic evaluation, service recommendation, and consultation to people with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, or emotional disturbances; their families; and service providers.
- At least 1 to 3 years of supervision of professional and paraprofessional staff.
Skills and Abilities
- All aspects of psychological testing.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, effective counseling, staff supervision and leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure and assume responsibility for complex tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with people from different cultures.
- Developmental disabilities; mental illness; assessment of all ages; treatment options; laws, ethical standards, and regulations pertaining to service delivery and the practice of psychology.
- A valid California Driver's License and transportation, or acceptable substitute, is required.
Monday, May 22, 2023
$82,338.256 - $116,211.472 per