Midlevel Provider (FNP or PA) - Pediatric
- South Boston, VA
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer/Medical Director, this position will provide comprehensive primary care to pediatric patients. This position will work as part of a care team that practices evidenced based medicine in a Patient Centered Medical Home model of care.
Specifically, this position will be expected to:
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Obtain and document, or cause to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient within the electronic medical record.
- Order prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals within electronic medical record (“EHR”) as per policy.
- Review ancillary test results and coordinates patient notification.
- Provide education in disease management and prevention.
- Complete appropriate documentation in EHR, in a timely fashion, to comply with company policy and insurance/reimbursement guidelines.
- Participates in rotating call schedule to provide access to care outside normal office hours (nights, weekends, etc.).
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- See an average of 16-18 patients per day for a wide range of reasons including acute problems, physicals, hospital follow-up and chronic disease management.
- Follows established agency policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Establish, strengthen, and negotiate relationships between the health center and other clinicians, provider organizations and providers in the marketplace.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding requirements pertaining to continued medical education.
- Attend all staff and provider meetings.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Support the mission of the company.
- License to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current DEA license
- Able to bill for services provided to patients with Medicare, Medicaid and all private insurances
- Board Certification
- Experience working in a federally qualified health center (FQHC).
- Experience using eClinicalWorks electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirement.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective computer skills (Microsoft Office, eClinicalWorks and Google).
Friday, May 19, 2023
$95K to $120K