- Warren, MI
- Work with cross-functional teams to launch and improve new and current products to meet corporate goals.
- Lead and support the implementation of design concepts from component design through finished assembly. This would include analysis, concept sketching, dimensional verification, and general demonstration of the use of core engineering disciplines. This may include support for the completion of DFMEA documents.
- Develop design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly, test, data analysis, and design refinement. Should be able to develop designs in CAD. This may include some direction of technical support personnel.
- Lead lab testing that is done to verify and validate the design concepts to meet specification requirements for function, environmental compatibility, reliability, and durability. This may include support for the generation and completion of DVP&R documentation.
- Control documentation requirements as indicated in the Design Control section of IATF 16949 Manual. This would include Design Control files, DFMEA, Parts Lists, Drawings, Specifications, and DVP&R’s.
- Support Program Management activities related to the release and production launch of product designs. This may include generating and maintaining program timing plans, team communications, meeting minutes, management reports.
- Support activities related to the development and delivery of prototype products to customers, plants, and internal development uses.
- Support customer interface activities, including phone, electronic, and personal communication as necessary to support development, production release, and maintenance of products. This would include professional representation of the organization in all arenas of possible customer presence. Host regular customer meetings to maintain close customer engagement, including on-site meetings.
- Support division-wide cost reduction and containment initiatives.
- Support plant Quality and Manufacturing teams to manage supplier and internal design deviation and improvement requests.
- Support completion of special assignments and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Experience in automotive components or systems; 3+ years preferred
- Experience with general office computer tools desired (Office 365, Project)
- Knowledge of LabView
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Thursday, October 26, 2023
$75,000 - $85,000