- Martinsville, VA
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, the Electrician will work as part of a team providing quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of this high performance team you will be responsible for all mill machinery and duties including:
- Inspect, install, troubleshoot, repair and service (includes calibration and preventive/predictive maintenance) electrical equipment such as motors, generators, pumps, heavy duty machines, illumination systems, environmental regulating systems, communication systems and associated electrical and electronic controls;
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment
- Run conduit and wire/rewire systems;
- Provide PLC programming support (troubleshooting and upgrading);
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes;
- Ability to understand, maintain and troubleshoot AC/DC motors, generators and associated machine controls including programmable controllers, computers and electronics used in a lumber manufacturing environment;
- Diagnose and repair issues with motors, controllers, PLCs;
- Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
- Journeyman Industrial Electrician certification, Inter-provincial Red Seal certification required;
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment, hydraulic equipment, control circuits, motors, motor control circuits, and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics and apply CSA requirements
- Knowledge and experience with the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair of logic control systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and adjustable frequency AC drives (preferably Allen Bradley – Control Logix and PLC 5);
- Variable speed drive experience – preferably Control Techniques
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Commitment to working safely and efficiently coupled with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Previous experience in a Saw Mill or heavy industry preferred;
- Shift work is required;
- Attention to safety and efficiency is a must;
- Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A competitive wage and benefits program;
- A commitment to safety standards;
- A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Wednesday, January 12, 2022