- Gardena, CA, United States
- Looking for a Corporate Controller to lead its Accounting department.
- This role reports directly the CFO and will be a key player in growing the business through the implementation of sustainable, scalable and GAAP compliant processes and controls in the areas of GAAP audits, financial reporting, expenditure controls, CAPEX justifications, FP&A, international accounting, banking/treasury administration, tax strategy, internal controls, and M&A support.
- This role will be a key leading the further implementations of Lean Accounting principles within the department with the focus on Continuous Improvement through lean process and technology utilization.
- This role will lead a team of at approximately 8 FTE’s including the Sr. Accounting Manager reporting directly to this position.
- Manage GAAP compliance as key leadership role with the CPA audit firm and tax consulting partner
- Lead Spectrum global accounting and financial process in the U.S. and China processes
- Participate in strategic tax initiatives to maximize the company’s effective tax rate
- Play a key role in the due diligence process of potential M&A and expansion opportunities
- Lead the company’s FP&A process to manage expenditures and develop KPI’s to drive favorable ROI on spending investments, as well as profitability analysis of the company’s product portfolio
- Lead the department’s implementation of a digital transformation in the areas of AP, AR and GL reporting
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Drive free cash flow improvements through working capital analysis, controls and justification processes
- Accurate and timely production of all financial information
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 10+ years of progressive work with at least 4+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required and a master’s degree and or CPA/CMA Licenses preferred
- Experience on GAAP audits, tax reporting and internal controls required
- Experience working on complex, cross-functional, and time-sensitive projects
- Strong hands-on experience on developing and managing internal controls and approval workflows
- Experience with banking and treasury functions a plus
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Functional understanding of LEAN Accounting principles a plus
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Monday, May 22, 2023
Depending on Experience