Full-time, Direct, Permanent position
• Participation in the development of program plans for individuals; monitoring and evaluating these plans and revising them as necessary.
• Identify and coordinate services for individuals and their families
• Serve as an advocate for individuals served by community agencies.
• Schedule and attend interdisciplinary meetings with individuals served, family members, service providers, advocates, etc.
• Identify barriers to service delivery and implement culturally sensitive strategies that embody empathy, trust, and respect; comfort working in underserved and non-traditional office settings to meet our community needs.
• Rotate officer-of-the-day duties with other Service Coordinators; assist co-workers with special projects and unique situations; provide case coverage as needed; and emergency on-call services when required.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 1 year experience in Social Work or Case Management
• Valid Driver's License and Insurance
• First two COVD-19 shots + a booster is required