Heavy Civil Project Manager
Seeking a dedicated Project Manager who will take on the responsibility of overseeing and controlling all aspects of a project from start to finish.
This role includes numerous responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
1. Plan entire project and major activities with Superintendent. Develop material, labor, and equipment needs of entire project.
2. Develop pre-task plans with Superintendent that will shift to job Foreman.
3. Develop project schedules by using P6 or Excel. Owner schedule updates to be completed in P6.
4. Estimate other projects.
5. Develop budget from bid.
6. Meticulous documentation.
7. Initiate the start process and administer the project.
8. Review of contracts with owner.
9. Plan and define scope of subcontractors and then write and review subcontracts.
10. Work closely with job site Superintendent, Foreman, and other Estimators to develop costs for change order requests.
11. Review and approve invoices through accounting software.
12. Coordinate meetings with subcontractors.
13. Develop requests for information (RFI).
14. Identify and resolve project issues in a timely manner.
15. Handle and overcome unforeseen conditions.
16. Facilitate efficient progress meetings with owners.
17. Communicate effectively with customers.
18. Hold weekly meeting with superintendent to review budget overruns and underruns, crew productivity, schedule, planning measures, job progress, accurate equipment costing, and accurate cost codes used for labor.
19. Look for and suggest value engineering ideas.
20. Lead teams of Project Engineers, Field Engineers, and
21. Influence strategy of projects.
22. Knowledge of vendors and continue to build relationships with vendors.
The following are requirements for a Project Manager:
1. Degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
2. Prior experience as a Project Engineer or Field Engineer.
3. Highly organized and works efficiently.
4. In depth knowledge of construction procedures.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Self-awareness and a general awareness of surroundings.
7. Proficient management and organizational skills.
8. Ability to think critically to solve problems and issues that arise.
9. Communicate professionally with clear concise intentions.
10. Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office required.
Typing skills of 40 WPM or better required.
11. Software experience in ComputerEase, Primavera P6, B2W, Planswift, and Bluebeam, preferred but not required.
12. Cleaning Driving Record
We offer a benefit package which is effective the following month from start date, it includes health 70% coverage, dental and vision insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, paid holidays and 401K 4% packages.
We require all employees to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test as well as random tests throughout employment.