Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Valparaiso, IN, United States
- Provides outpatient psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and supportive psychotherapy for adult and child psychiatric and chemical dependency clients and their families under the supervision of a licensed psychiatrist and in full participation with the multi-disciplinary treatment team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master Degree in Nursing from an accredited university.
- Current licensure with Psychiatric specialty and prescriptive practice.
- Experience or training in mental health and/or chemical dependency treatment is required.
- Licensed nurse practitioner license is required.
VITAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, evaluates and assesses the mental health needs of the client.
- Works with individuals, families and groups to assess the emotional, social and physical health needs in developing treatment plans for clients.
- Prescribes appropriate interventions and medications for clients.
- Consults with general medical professionals regarding the psychiatric condition of their patients.
- Documents all diagnoses ensuring that all aspect of disease progression and manifestation are documented.
- Seeks consultation/supervision in complicated cases that appear to be outside of the practitioner’s clinical expertise.
- Customer Service: Provides high-quality customer service by meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands our customer’s needs and uses this information to prioritize what the organization must do to fulfill them.
- Quality of Work: Consistently demonstrates competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Quantity of Work: Meets or exceeds established work deadlines; uses time and resources appropriately; meets production goals and objectives.
- Compliance: Adheres to department and organizational policies and procedures; keeps current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; timely, accurately and thoroughly completes required documentation.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates clients’ responsiveness to treatment and recommends changes in treatment goals to staff.
- Provides coaching, instructions and direction to professional and paraprofessional staff .
- Participates in and supports medical staff meetings and other committee assignments as may be directed by the Director, Medical Staff.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the abilities, skills and knowledge to effectively perform the job responsibilities, duties and procedure; receptive to learning new skills; participates in on-going training and professional development.
- Risk Management: Consistently observes prescribed safety rules and practices; corrects or reports all hazards that may cause an accident; follows established work procedures for assigned tasks.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance requirements; practices proper call-off procedures and informs others of absences.
- Teamwork: Establishes positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, clients and the
- public; willingly accepts assignments; cooperates with others towards common objectives; volunteers for organizational and community activities and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Saturday, March 11, 2023