Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Warren, MI
- Lead and manage a team of manufacturing engineers, technicians, and maintenance personnel, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance feedback.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategies, processes, and procedures to optimize efficiency, productivity, and quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, quality, and production, to ensure seamless integration of new products, technologies, and manufacturing methods.
- Conduct regular assessments of manufacturing processes, identifying areas for
- improvement, and implementing corrective actions to enhance productivity, reduce costs, and increase overall efficiency.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives by promoting lean manufacturing principles, implementing best practices, and championing process optimization projects.
- Monitor and analyze manufacturing metrics, such as yield, cycle time, scrap rates, and equipment uptime, to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair activities for production equipment, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum operational effectiveness.
- Collaborate with equipment suppliers to ensure proper installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of manufacturing machinery and tools.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors, contractors, and external stakeholders to ensure the availability of necessary resources and technical support.
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental, and regulatory standards throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Develop and manage the manufacturing engineering budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources and cost control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (minimum 8 years) in manufacturing engineering within the automotive industry, with a focus on powertrain and electric vehicle products.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment, and technologies related to automotive powertrain and electric vehicle part manufacturing.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma methodologies, and process optimization techniques.
- Experience in managing a team and leading cross-functional projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of quality standards, regulatory requirements, and safety protocols in the automotive industry.
- Proficiency in using computer-aided design (CAD) and manufacturing software tools.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with changing priorities and requirements.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Thursday, October 26, 2023
$110,000 - $135,000