Sales Support Associate
• Support the sales organization and business leadership in managing customers through the sales process including the processing, tracking and shipping of orders
• Act as the primary contact for select distribution customers, providing information on products, services, order status, etc.
• Serve as a back up the sales team helping to respond to customer inquiries and process orders, backorder reports, and returns as needed
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as the Lab, Tech Services, Sales, and Operations groups, to investigate and solve customer issues as a team
• Identify the root cause of customer concerns and work closely with manager and/or key departments to escalate concerns and improve the customer experience
• Drive a positive customer service experience through courteous, timely, and dynamic communication with customers by phone and email
• Work proactively and with a sense of urgency to resolve any emerging problems that customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency;
• Work in tandem with Customer Service representatives and Outside/Inside sales force to provide superior customer support
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Alternatively an equivalent combination of education and experience including 4 years experience in a customer/sales support environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM Systems
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job;
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
• The employee may be occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms.