Commercial Lines Account Executive
- Van Nuys, CA
Commercial Lines Account Executive
The primary function of this position is to provide the highest quality service to customers and cross sell within the existing book of business.
Daily servicing of customers will include addressing various coverage issues, contract analysis, exposure analysis, issuing auto ID cards, handling all the inside service work associated with the client’s accounts, including all endorsement activity, routine coverage questions, problem solving, renewal control, preparation of formal proposals, checking and binding policies.
The Account Executive (AE) should have experience in all areas of commercial insurance. They will inform the Producer on strategic account issues, claims and other potential problems. The AE is responsible for overseeing all processes related to renewals, account management and new business development, ensuring the fulfillment of Commercial Lines Standard Operating Guidelines (SOG’s).
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding client expectations at all times.
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely and pertinent communication to clients via emails, phone contact and meetings.
- Respond to client inquiries/issues within a 24 hour timeline.
- Resolve/assist with any service or claims issues/questions.
- Assist in design of, or independently design, insurance plans for clients.
- Develop “out-of-the-box” solutions.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes; make each contact a marketing opportunity.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with the clients to review summary reports, make presentations, and to maintain client relationships as often as necessary.
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures; gaps in coverage, stewardship programs; and other relevant information.
- Monitor and review client satisfaction at least quarterly; report findings/issues to Producer of the account.
- Seek referrals from client base and follow through to get new accounts.
- Cross sell and/or refer new business leads to appropriate departments.
- Know and be up to date on the utilization of carrier websites, carrier communications, new coverage options and billing procedures.
- Quote new business and renewal options to every client:
Umbrella/ Excess Liability
Business Personal Property
Directors & Officers Liability
Employment practices liability
- Review and check policies based on SOG checklists to include proposals, applications, letters, invoicing, summaries of insurance, certificates, evidence of insurance, binders, etc.
- Full responsibility for managing Accounts Receivables.
- Maintain agency EPIC files accurately and consistently, document conversations in emails and other notes sent to clients, while adhering to all MIB electronic and EPIC procedures.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum.
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
- Current California Property and Casualty License, other states a plus.
- 5 or more years experience in Commercial Lines insurance coverage options.
- Agency or Brokerage experience.
- Mastery of commercial lines insurance underwriting, coverage and rate analysis.
- Experience utilizing commercial carrier websites to market and rate new and/or renewal business such as Travelers, Fireman’s Fund, New York Marine, etc.
- Must have experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Agency Management System (i.e., EPIC, AMS 360) or other paperless computer system.
Special Skills Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong follow up skills
- Interpersonal, analytical, problem solving abilities.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Results oriented, work under pressure, meets deadlines
- Fosters a customer service orientation
- Sound problem solving skills
- Consistent exercise of good judgment
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- High integrity
- Work independently and with a team.
Monday, March 21, 2022