- Danville, VA, United States
Job Type: 40 Hours per Week
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient within the electronic medical record.
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals within electronic medical record as per policy.
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient as per policy.
- Provides education in disease management and prevention.
- Completion of appropriate chart documentation within EHR to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Completion of all required documentation within EHR within a timely manner as per policy.
- Participates in on-call schedule.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Works with other clinical staff to establish clinical protocols and measures.
- Review mid-level patient medical records as per policy.
- Follows established agency policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Establish, strengthen, and negotiate relationships between the health center and other clinicians, provider organizations and providers in this marketplace.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements.
- Attends all staff and provider meetings as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Supports the mission of the company.
- Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirement.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Effective computer skills (Microsoft Office, EClinical Works and Google).
Friday, May 19, 2023
$185 to $220K