- Castle Rock, CO
X-ray Technician (LSO/RT/LSRT)
- Direct Hire
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- To perform all diagnostic x-rays and assist with patient care and treatment.
- Responsible for all X-ray systems and has a basic understanding of digital X-ray services.
- Triage Emergent patients.
- Greet patients in a professional, warm, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Register patients, handle front office administrative tasks and back office.
- Perform patient registration (enter in DocuTap, verify insurance, collect copays, check outstanding balances, etc.)
- Take vital signs and complete triage of patient.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Direct patients to available examination rooms.
- Document patient data and ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
- Maintain awareness of comfort and needs of the patient.
- Administer injections, IV’s, and phlebotomy as directed by the provider.
- Assist provider – Discharge patients from room with instructions.
- Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab work accurately.
- Perform laboratory tests according to written instructions.
- Ensure each room is cleaned after each patient encounter.
- Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized.
- Restocking medical supplies.
- General office cleanup at end of day or end of shift.
- Enter charges, scan charts and ensure patient files and charges are complete and accurate.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner – forward call or take message as appropriate.
- Coordinate faxes and referrals with other physicians and employers.
- Ensure cleanliness of patient waiting area and front office area.
Education / Certificates:
- Limited Scope X-ray (LSRT) certificate - or- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certificate
- 1 year experience post-graduation working as a licensed X-Ray Technologist preferred.
- Basic medical assisting experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of digital x-ray services
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA
Must also have:
- Strong clinical skills and work ethic
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA, and universal precaution concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Up to date certificates (new grads who have an x-ray certificate may apply).
Pay: $24.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off.
- Vision insurance
- 6 - 12-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Alternating Weekends
Work Location: One location per shift
Friday, March 17, 2023