Credit Analyst (Commercial Lending)
- Lakewood, NJ
The Company is dedicated to providing people, businesses, and communities in our markets with high quality products and services with superior customer service. We will provide products and services through secure, user-friendly technology and customer friendly locations. Our relationships are founded in our desire to be responsive to the financial needs of our customers in an atmosphere of personal attention, professionalism, trust, integrity and fairness. The Company prides itself on maintaining personal communications beginning with the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related field of study required.
- Specialized bank lending and financial analysis education/training.
- Proficient in English, reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- A thorough knowledge of current lending and loan review regulations and banking regulations, procedures, and operations
- Proficient ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- A minimum of five (5) years' related experience required.
- Responsible for performing credit analysis and administrative duties to support the credit function.
- Assisting commercial lenders with their loan portfolios and performing a variety of duties to meet the commercial services needs of business customers.
- Assisting in achieving goals assigned to commercial lenders as established in the assigned department's annual operating plan.
- Coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments.
- Complying with operating policies and procedures established for the credit analysis function.
- Communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs credit analysis and administrative duties to support the credit function of which the following are illustrative:
- Analyzes data and evaluates the short- and long-run prospects of the individual or business; determines the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Assists in determining the likelihood that the borrower will be able to meet their financial obligations.
- Generates financial ratios to evaluate customer’s financial status.
- Provides thorough documentation of all financial analysis work, including ratios and other related information; provides a complete analysis suitable for presentation to appropriate approving authority; prepares related reports.
- May make recommendations to appropriate personnel on the granting or denying of loans; prepares sufficient information to document recommendations, if assigned to a lending function.
Essential Duties (continued)
- If assigned to the loan review function, may suggest a loan grade after conducting a thorough credit analysis and documentation review.
- Evaluates customer records and recommends payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Reviews individual and commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Ensures that analysis is provided to Commercial Lenders on a timely basis and is accurately reflective of the risks associated with the credits extended by the Bank as follows:
- Receives and logs financial statements and other related financial information from active and prospective borrowers.
- Provides financial analysis that identifies all aspects of credit risk to the Bank.
- Applies an initial risk rating to each active or prospective lending situation consistent with the Commercial Loan policy.
- Offers recommendations to the Commercial Lenders on the granting or denying of credit extension to be made by the Bank.
- Maintains a register of all reviews due.
- Participates in, and cooperates with, all external “safety and soundness” reviews of the loan portfolio.
- Maintains both credit and loan document files for the Commercial Loan Department.
- Exercises prudent judgment in the credit recommendations to Commercial Lenders as illustrated by the following:
- Appropriately assesses business, economic, environmental and legal risks associated with a given extension of credit.
- Adheres to the Bank’s loan policy as a guideline and recognizes policy exceptions where they exist.
- Assists Commercial Lenders with their loan portfolios and performs a variety of duties to meet the commercial services needs of business customers as illustrated by the following:
- Assists Commercial Lenders with portfolio administration duties; obtains and reviews interim statements, borrowing base certificates and/or other information; prepares reports and pricing models; performs collateral inspections and monitors construction projects.
- Identifies loans that require an annual review; works with lenders to gather information necessary to complete annual reviews; prepares and submits exception report to Senior Credit Committee quarterly.
- Works with lenders to resolve problems with line of credit renewals.
- Prepares new credit requests for credit underwriting.
- Maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to provide a secondary Commercial Services contact and take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all Bank commercial products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these needs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial services.
- Assists in achieving goals assigned to Commercial Lenders as part of the assigned department's annual operating plan.
Essential Duties (continued)
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from other Bank personnel, customers, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Participates in all loan delinquency reviews.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- PC/Computer keyboard
- Fax machine
- Copy machine
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
$80,000 - $130,000