Director of Training
- Pikeville, KY, United States
JOB TITLE: Director of Training
(Job Classification – Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
Responsible for the planning and implementation of a variety of company training programs. Investigate available training methods and procedures to determine the most effective manner in which to conduct programs.
- Coordinate and implement the product, platform, teller and technical training for Community Trust Bank.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the implementation and delivery of the sales, sales management and management development program.
- Guide training staff into taking ownership for the success of training and development activities. Create an environment where all team members are empowered and work together to attain corporate objectives.
- Develop financial and strategic plans for the Training Department. Accept equal responsibility for the successful attainment of business plans. Communicate and take corrective action in response to changing conditions. Provide ongoing cost analysis and training effectiveness review.
- Guide or assist other divisions in developing and implementing training programs.
- Support the delivery of these programs either directly or through training staff or other subject matter experts.
- Promote teamwork within the division and across the Corporation by being supportive of others’ goals and needs. Listen to others and communicate in a manner which promotes understanding and alignment.
- Investigate available training methods and procedures to determine the most effective and cost efficient manner in which to conduct employee development programs.
- Oversee the production of training manuals and coordinate product manuals.
- Develop and implement standards of excellence for Corporation training programs.
- Maintain records of class participants for management reporting.
- Ensure all actions performed are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES/EXPERIENCE
- Full college degree or the equivalent in one or more of the following: Human Resource Development, Business Administration, or Personnel Relations.
- Six to 10 years progressive experience in training and development activities, including assessment, design, delivery, and evaluation.
- Three to five years' experience as a Director of Training or Assistant Director of Training with supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Prior work experience in banking or retail or other Human Resource functions preferred.
- Leadership skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Organization skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use PC and calculator.
- Creative ability.
- Valid driver's license.
- Normal office conditions.
- Some travel (30%)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by personnel assigned to this job. This information is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this position.
Saturday, September 25, 2021