- Aurora, CO
Medical Assistant or EMT (Patient Care Technician)
- Direct Hire
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Greet patients in a professional, warm, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Register patients, handle front office administrative tasks and back office.
- Perform patient registration (enter in DocuTap, verify insurance, collect copays, check outstanding balances, etc.)
- Take vital signs and complete triage of patient
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Direct patients to available examination rooms.
- Document patient data and ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
- Maintain awareness of comfort and needs of the patient.
- Administer injections, IV’s, and phlebotomy as directed by the provider.
- Assist provider – Discharge patients from room with instructions.
- Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab work accurately.
- Perform laboratory tests according to written instructions.
- Ensure each room is cleaned after each patient encounter.
- Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized.
- Restocking medical supplies.
- General office cleanup at end of day or end of shift.
- Enter charges, scan charts and ensure patient files and charges are complete and accurate.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner – forward call or take message as appropriate.
- Coordinate faxes and referrals with other physicians and employers.
- Ensure cleanliness of patient waiting area and front office area.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year of experience in a medical office setting
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA, and universal precaution concepts
- Graduate of accredited MA program
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills
- Team player, excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possesses excellent client interaction skills, able to multi-task and work independently
Friday, July 28, 2023
$18-23 per hour with Bonus opp