An Imaging Service Engineer (ISE) performs and documents planned maintenance and repair of
medical diagnostic imaging equipment and associated systems with under the supervision from
service management to perform the required duties. The ISE must demonstrate a working
knowledge of and ability to use the required test equipment and have the electronic and
mechanical knowledge and skills. The ISE must possess the ability to interpret and effectively
utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information, required to perform
and document planned maintenance and repair of the diagnostic imaging equipment and systems.
The ISE must demonstrate good organizational skills as well as good communications,
interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with company personnel and
Clinical staff in accordance with established company operational and personnel policies
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Independently and under service management supervision performs general
troubleshooting and repairs to the block circuit and component level. Also, independently
and under service management supervision performs installations, calibrations and planned
• Proper use of all standard test equipment:
a. multimeter e. invasive and non-invasive imaging test devices
b. oscilloscope f. service software and keys
c. dosimeter g. hand and power tools
d. AC line analyzer h. phantoms
• Be able to read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics and
wiring diagrams. Exercise good system troubleshooting skills
• Proven demonstration in understanding basic aspects of clinical applications and
image quality requirements related to medical imaging equipment.
• Perform and be available for after-hours service, also available for emergency calls on
• May be required to participate in shift scheduling and reasonable travel.
• Service manage original equipment manufacturer-mandated equipment
updates/upgrades and satisfactorily complete the required recordings of all work
performed in Company’s CMMS.
• Perform other duties as assigned and capable in scope and under the leadership of a
• Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of diagnostic imaging devices and principles, as
well as a thorough understanding of general patient care equipment and can demonstrate
the usage of supported devices
• Accountability – takes ownership of assigned work and responsibilities, follows through
and closes the loop
• Communication – clearly expresses thoughts and ideas both in written and verbal
communications, provides timely information
• Financial Acumen – Considers financial impact of all decisions
• Integrity – Can admit mistakes, is direct and truthful
• Customer Service – demonstrates a “customer-first” mentality, focused on meeting the
needs of customers and captures feedback to make improvements
• Priority Setting – Prioritizes assigned schedules and workload
• Knowledge - Thorough understanding of diagnostic imaging devices and equipment
including specialized training
• Team Building – Mentors newer technicians, facilitates clear communication amongst the
team, demonstrates care and respect for co-workers and colleagues
• Culture – promotes the company culture and the culture of the healthcare facility
• Mechanically inclined – technical skills and abilities to figure out how things work
• Self-motivated - can work on their own or under limited direction while prioritizing
equipment schedules and repair activities.
• Open-minded – Willing to listen to opinions and criticism, can switch directions quickly
• Agility – Can perform tasks in a safe, timely manner
• Improvement – willing to learn and grow, wants to update job skills for career growth
• Confidence – Self-reliant decision maker that doesn’t second guess decisions
• Multi-tasker – Is organized and efficient, handles multiple projects or tasks
• Results Driven: Is focused on results and outcomes, is goal oriented
• Humility – Has a sense of humor, is humble, and can handle stressful situations
1. High school diploma or equivalent education required.
2. A.S. Degree in Biomedical or Electronics Technology or equivalent education preferred.
3. Minimum of three (2) years’ experience in the service and maintenance of medical
4. Successful completion/credentialed thru either an accredited Independent Training
Organization, Original Equipment Manufacturer or Military equivalent Basic Level I and
Level II Imaging Equipment Service Training Course(s).
5. Exceptional organizational skills required.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Required Work Hours:
Forty hours per week during daytime and evening hours. Scheduled work hours may change.
Overtime may be required or permitted with prior approval. This position is included in the oncall rotation for the facility.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
1. Must be physically able to balance, bend, climb, crawl, crouch, kneel, reach, sit, squat,
stand, twist, and walk.
2. Ability to mentally concentrate while being subject to stress, interruptions and changing
3. Must be able to work and follow OSHA guidelines while in a hazardous environment(s)
such as electrocution potentials, mechanical energies, bloodborne/airborne pathogens,
dust and inclement weather, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, radiation,
fumes/vapors, sharp instruments/tools, hazardous liquids, and operating devices.
4. Must be able to hear speech, distinguish sounds, and speak.
5. Must have near vision, far vision, depth perception, and be able to distinguish colors.
6. Must have sensory ability to distinguish hot, cold, range of temperature, surfaces, fine
motor skills, manual dexterity, and detect/distinguish odors.
7. Must be able to carry or lift up to 50 pounds routinely (50% of the time) and on occasion
(5% of the time) up to 100 pounds.
8. Must be able to push or pull over 100 pounds frequently (20% of the time).
9. Maintains safe working environment for self, other associates, patients, visitors, and
medical staff in accordance with applicable standards and procedures relevant to job
Reasonable scheduled travel may be requested of this position periodically.
Reporting and Supervisory Responsibilities:
1. The ISE reports to the assigned Account Manager/District Manager or Corporate Imaging
Leadership as designated.
2. This position may have supervisory responsibilities assigned as determined by the company
Account or Senior leadership.
• Understand and observe company policies and accounting procedures.
• Represent and promote the company in a professional manner.
Utilize teamwork in your daily activity and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Safety - Understand and follow good safety procedures:
a. Radiation c. Mechanical
b. Electrical d. Magnetic
• Training - Willingly participate in company training programs.
• Housekeeping - Maintain a clean, orderly appearance of all work areas, including office,
toolbox and job site.
• Personal Appearance - Observe company dress code at all times and maintain good
• Driver’s License - Must maintain an active driver’s license in the state of operation.
• Maintain all Company owned equipment including tools, test equipment, computers, and
others as specified in proper working condition and ensure annual calibration where
*Note: This position description does not list every activity, duty, and responsibility of the
position and may be altered by Company at any time.