Natural Gas Engineer II
- Baltimore, MD
- Engineer position within the Gas Division to provide engineering expertise in natural gas distribution systems and technical expertise to solve design problems under minimum supervision.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
- B.S. degree in Engineering required.
- Has obtained EIT (Engineer in Training) certification.
- Has 5 to 7 years or more of experience
Position requirements include:
- Brings knowledge and expertise of DOT 192, ASME and local jurisdiction natural gas requirements.
- Participate in preparation and administration of client construction contracts.
- Experience in system modeling, system reliability and growth planning required.
- Provide engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of gas pipeline design and/or re-design projects.
- Complete studies, perform analysis and make recommendations to support gas customer system operations, construction, and maintenance groups.
- Contribute to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Experience in retrofitting pipelines to accommodate modern maintenance automation.
- Experience in designing remote control shut off valves.
- Plastic and steel pipe experience
- Experience with gas facility stations – metering, regulator stations, flow control
- Works with minimal supervision and executes projects assigned to them.
- Participate in the design and evaluation of Client distribution pipelines to ensure that the needs of the Client are met in the most economical and effective manner.
- Analyze assessment results, data, records, and mapping and make recommendations for appropriate additional preventative and mitigative actions (TIMP/ DIMP).
- Current with the PHMSA Megarule and able to leverage that knowledge to provide clients with solutions.
- Create engineering plans, specifications, and equipment for utility projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must interface well with employees and clients at all levels.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Friday, July 28, 2023
$80,000.00 to $105,000