Sales engineers specialize in technologically and scientifically advanced products. Technical skills are valued for exceptional explanation of the benefits of their products to potential customers and to show how their products or services are better than others.
• Balance customer relationships, customer satisfaction and company interest in a reasonable fashion.
• Qualify leads to ensure the sales team is focusing their effort on realistic contracts.
• Assist in developing sales opportunities and key accounts through presentations, qualification documents and conferences with potential customers.
• First in line to handle both technically and commercially key Customers
• Coordinate and manage, with the assistance of appropriate departments, all bid preparation and bid strategy activities to satisfy technical optimization, estimating, scheduling and risk management requirements.
• Manage all communication with customers and appropriate departments to ensure strong proposal preparation and resolve any problems or issues.
• Provide general assistance for development and maintenance of processes and standards and procedures that will assure consistent proposal execution.
• Establish and manage internal resource needs, meeting proposal schedules and workflow in a cost efficient and effective manner, and maintain a good working relationship between departments.
• Continually follow up and communicate with customer to close the sale.
• Bachelor’s, Masters preferred, degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of five years of experience in the furnace industry.
• Extensive knowledge of the metal industry required.