Job Title: Quality Engineering Manager
Job Summary: We are seeking a confident take charge individual with experience managing and writing procedures for aerospace level quality management systems for our 25 person Upstate NY commercial heat treat facility. A successful candidate must have high level specific knowledge of AS9100D and current NADCAP regulations and how to apply those standards to plant operations. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is a member of our executive management team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directly responsible for all quality procedures manuals, both updating and maintaining.
- Oversee and directs company wide quality systems, and ensures implementation at all personnel levels.
- Stay current with on-going changes to AS9100 and NADCAP standards.
- Execute advanced quality planning, risk analysis, feasibility, and PPAP.
- Establish, analyze, and report on quality indices, KPI’s, objectives.
- Regular analysis of organization’s supplier base including annual reviews, improvement projects, and cost reductions.
- Prepare company for quality audits, including supplier, certification and accreditation.
- Manage other quality personnel for internal audits and can perform them when necessary.
- Manage testing procedures.
- Primary liaison with all external parties on quality matters.
- Lead monthly quality meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates Degree in an Engineering Discipline and 5+ years experience. Bachelors degree preferred. Experience working in a heat treat environment strongly preferred.
- Proven experience successfully managing and developing AS9100 and NADCAP procedures.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with external parties, communicating with auditors, and preparing documentation.
- Demonstrated history as a Team Player and Team Builder.
- Excellent Microsoft Suite computer skills and an ability to learn our Visual Shop operating software.