International Search Partners
- St. Louis, MO
Sales/Applications Engineer - furnace and oven OEM
Under the direction of the Vice President Sales & Engineering, the Sales Engineer researches, develops, and sells standard industrial ovens and oven systems, meeting Company standards, applicable codes, and customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Review and interpret customer inquiries and leads.
- Work with customers to discuss, refine, and ultimately sell standard industrial ovens.
- Formulate complete descriptive line item quotations based on standard unit costs and meet with Engineering to establish one-time engineering design hour estimates to meet the design requirements of the proposal.
- Create accurate and complete proposals.
- Ensure conformance to codes and to company standards for quality, profitability, and manufacturability.
- Develop working relationships with Engineering, Materials Management, Production, and other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites and promotional venues.
- Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of related experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Thursday, September 20, 2018