Account Manager / BDM
International Search Partners
- Columbus, OH
- Generate revenue within identified industrial sectors for the company's products & services: PVD coatings including Diamond-like Carbon (DLC) and Liquid Nitriding treatments; and CTT’s heat-treatment services: Normalizing, Annealing, Vacuum hardening, Carburizing, Thermal Spray etc.
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand operating & performance requirements. Provide product and service related technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Understanding the technical and product performance issues being faced by the customer and conveying the relevant details to the company's Application Development engineers; coordinating testing at customer location and providing performance feedback to facilitate development of optimum solutions.
- Gain customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating value enhancements that can be achieved when using the company's products & services.
- Prepare price quotes by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, and other technical personnel.
- Determine improvements by analyzing potential & actual cost-benefit ratios of the company's products & services within the customer’s operating environment.
- Develop customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepare sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information, engineering and application trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-year science / engineering degree or equivalent – preferably in Metallurgical or Mechanical engineering.
- 3-7 years of experience in selling metallurgical services such as heat treatment, electroplating, nitriding, thermal-spray coatings, PVD / CVD coatings etc. to automotive or industrial equipment/ component manufacturers will be desirable.
- Familiarity with industrial and automotive mechanical components used in engines, drivetrains etc.
- Strong consultative selling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts through the various steps of application development, product launch and on-going account maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders within the customer’s organization – product engineers, purchasing, operational managers and R&D engineers.
Thursday, September 20, 2018