Vacuum Heat Treater
International Search Partners
- Phoenix, AZ
Vacuum Heat Treat Supervisor - comm'l heat treat; aerospace
The Vacuum Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the 2nd shift vacuum departments through the communication, training and delivery of established goals and objectives.While maintaining effective work processes, this position will also be responsible for the development of employees while monitoring their performance.This position has functional responsibility for productivity, KPI’s, maintaining the daily operations and driving continuous improvement. management of production and quality targets to meet daily, weekly, and monthly department goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise daily work assignments and follow up on the delivery of the expected performance results
- Schedule the correct number of staff to ensure production goals are met within the budgeted labor cost
- Set up work to ensure a seamless transition.
- Assign and follow up with operators and department staff on the length of time required for tasks
- Monitor department and plant schedules with the Production Management
- Hold direct employees accountable for ensuring proper procedures are followed
- Flag priority orders and revise schedules to meet outbound orders
- Work with Purchasing to maintain component stock levels to coincide with production schedules.
- Ensure customer specific requirements are met.
- Monitor and manage workload levels and availability of equipment
- Assess and determine overtime requirements on a timely basis to ensure an effective meeting of budgeted costs
- Communicate and cooperate with Operations and Management teams on a regular basis to ensure overall priorities are met.Act as an additional supporting resource to the other departments
- Create and maintain an environment that promotes positive communication while fostering teamwork within the department and the company.
- Monitor, analyse and report daily/weekly departmental performance through effective KPI tracking and data collection
- Maintain accurate daily and weekly timekeeping and attendance records to ensure proper payment of employee and temporary employee payroll submissions
- Ensure operation procedures, equipment & facilities follow company policies & legislative requirements
- Take a proactive approach to Health and Safety to promote accident avoidance.
- Hold employees accountable for the completion and filing of safety inspection forms to ensure all obligations are met.
- Provide daily feedback to employees through coaching and administer performance appraisals.
- Handle all disciplinary situations appropriately and in a timely manner with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Strive for continuous improvement by soliciting employee suggestions and feedback and making recommendations.
- Assist in the development of facility goals and strategies to support the business plan
- Implement and actively champion compliance with company policies & procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a High School Education / GED. Minimum of Three years of managing and leading people in a production environment. Three years working in a manufacturing environment with Lean manufacturing and 5S. Computer literacy essential Proficiency in MS-Office suites. A team player Ability to work on own initiative Strong understanding of the expectations associated with leading a production team.