Field Service Engineer
International Search Partners
- Brea, CA
Performs activities concerned with installing, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems and eliminating future operational or service difficulties with equipment which may include industrial ovens, blast furnace, and other heat treat equipment by traveling to customer locations to perform the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have a strong focus on customer service, which includes good communication with the customer, establishing strong customer relationships for continued business, following through on commitments and promises made to the customer and being dependable and reliable for all work assignments.
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical controls, pipe threading, tubing, and/or sweating of copper tubing.
- Activates controls to apply hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment; Maintains records of performance reports.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Ability to write corrective action reports and communicate issues and problems back to management for analysis.
- When no service work is available, the employee will show up to the shop and work in production.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may indirectly supervise or coordinate personnel and job functions at work sites.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.