International Search Partners
- Springfield, OH
Production Supervisor - vacuum heat treat & PVD coatingsMust have a minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in vacuum heat treating or PVD coating.Essential Functions:
- Manage, supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in heat-treating processes to condition metal work pieces and products, applying knowledge of heat treating processes and properties and structure of materials.
- Supervise metallurgical analysis on metal samples. Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Build and maintain rapport with key internal and external customers.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment. Remove waste and constraints from the production processes to improve efficiencies, enhance productivity and to attain established goals.
- Work close with the EHS leader to ensure that all areas concerning safety are in compliance with Federal, State and company standards. Ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety polices to provide a safe workplace for all employees.
- Plan, schedule, and direct heat-treating operations and staff
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review and approve equipment setup
- Monitor and ensure heat treat production data
- Document furnace cycles according to procedure
- Monitor product flow
- Oversee all pre and post operation quality checks
- Manage and perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Maintain policies, procedures, and company standards towards safety
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Metallurgy, Metallurgy Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent manufacturing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills
- Knowledge of best practices implementing and using continuous improvement tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement. Lean Certified and Problem solving skills, preferred.
- Understanding of business metrics and experience in the development of KPI's
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven experience leading a team
- Track record of success
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Organized self-starter who can motivate a team