Metallurgical Sales Engineer
International Search Partners
- San Diego, CA
Field Sales Engineer
Our client is an industry leader in providing metal heat-treating services and related products primarily to the automotive, heavy truck, industrial, energy and agriculture industries.
The company is seeking Outside Sales Representatives that will develop new business by building relationships with existing customers and canvassing a territory in search of new customers. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of our service offerings and the related markets, have a hunter’s mentality, high-energy, highly organized, motivated, self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Reports to; Director, with dotted line to Plant General Manager
- Meet with qualified prospects and customers at least 60 percent of the time.
- Maintain high level of industry knowledge and remain up to date on industry trends and issues.
- Build relationships with top management, plant, metallurgical, and purchasing personnel at key accounts to perpetuate confidence and trust in the company.
- Collaborate with company leadership on new opportunities, pricing strategies and industry trends.
- Coordinate the response to RFQ’s by providing all information required to complete the quote to Inside Sales, delivering the quote to the customer and then following up on the quote.
- Use data available from ERP system to develop and analyze customer sales trends and budget deviations.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and be responsive and proactive to customer or prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience, ideally selling industrial products and/or services. A working knowledge of materials science is a plus.
- Existing relationships with OEM’s and Tier I suppliers in the automotive, heavy truck, industrial, energy and agriculture industries is preferred.
- Comfortable prospecting, qualifying, presenting and closing opportunities in a highly competitive market.
- Ability to effectively use multiple channels including internet, cold calls and referrals.
- Must be proficient at data analysis and related tools such as Excel or CRM software.
Thursday, November 1, 2018