The lead furnace operator will be responsible for overseeing and operating the heat treat furnaces, supervises other operators to achieve production goals, monitors process control instrumentation for compliance to processing requirements, performs scheduled preventative maintenance, and maintains departmental record.
• Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
• Follow customer and company procedures, as well as national standards, to operate the endothermic, vacuum, tempering and aluminum furnaces properly.
• Read, follow and process parts according to job card instructions and quality procedures.
• Setup/Load orders into and out of the HT equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Perform routine maintenance on various HT equipment.
• Maintain department records - completion of dew point logs, furnace dew point and PM records.
• All employees must be adaptable due to an ever-changing competitive
environment. Employees may be required to cross-train into other functions to
provide flexibility to the organization. Employees shall at all times demonstrate
cooperative behavior with colleagues and managers.
• Participate in educational programs/instruction when available.
• Train and educate other employees as to proper heat treating practices conforming to written policies, procedures and specifications.
• Other duties may be assigned within the scope of floor production and maintenance.
• Demonstrate work experience in a lead position
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Data entry, retrieval, and compilation experience in computerized systems.
• Demonstrate a good work ethic and professional attitude.
• Ability to do meticulous work in a clean and organized manner required.
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals required.
• Basic math skills required, advanced math skills desirable.
• Ability to drive a forklift required.