Mechanical Project Engineer
International Search Partners
- St Marys, PA
POSITION TITLE:Project Engineer
REPORTS TO:Engineering Manager
FLSA RATING:Salary Exempt
The Project Engineer performs engineering assignments in the design of thermal processing equipment, whether it is for capital equipment, fabrications, or replacement parts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Functions and Details:
- Collect, analyze and organize design data required for each project
- Based on the collected data develop a design concept including full bill of materials for the sales department
- Develop fabrication and assembly drawings to provide to the manufacturing department
- Work with internal and external parties to develop the most efficient design for the customer and for Sinterite manufacturing
- Develop mechanical and electrical drawings using AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Build bill of materials into Visual for release to manufacturing
- Work with vendors to provide cost effective purchased components for assemblies
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Visit customers as needed to collect required data for assigned projects
- Develop Graphical User Interface (GUI) controls systems
- Develop PLC machine code
- Any other duties as detailed by the President and Engineering Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Solidworks
- MS Office Products (MS Word, MS Excel; others are a plus)
- Rockwell Software, Allen Bradley line of PLCs and Servo Drives and other major brand systems
- Communication protocols between GUIs and PLCs
- NFPA 86 and NEC
- Some travel locally and within the US required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Minimum of a B.S. Degree in an engineering discipline or an Associate Degree with 5 years of experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This job requires equal amounts of sitting, walking, standing, minimal lifting and other physical activities.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill required of personnel so classified.
Friday, April 19, 2019