Chemical Quality Inspector
International Search Partners
- Pittsburgh, PA
Chemical Quality Inspector
Manage assigned industry managed programs for task groups; develop checklists and state of the art consensus qualification procedures; recruit qualified auditors, schedule pilot audits of suppliers using available and contracted resources; publish audit/survey reports working through committee structure and due process to serve industry, government and society. Support implementation of company strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage technical audit report generation/assessment with strict confidentiality and compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements; conduct technical audits as required; review/update audit reports; follow up and close non-conformances; ensure effective closure of audit reports for timely issuance of certificates solving conformance issues; provide technical summary reports to the assigned task group; provide required alerts in eAuditNet.
- Manage assigned personnel including consultants (technical auditors and reviewers).
- Motivate and guide Industry Managed Committee and/or Task Groups activities in developing standards, manuals, and reviewing audit reports including planning; recruiting qualified technical volunteers; monitoring/managing results.
- Develop and Manage budgets of assigned activities.
- Recommend process improvements for assigned programs and PRI. Identify gaps/problems and report to appropriate management.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Chemistry required, may also accept a degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science.
- 5 years experience with the core technologies such as Plating, Anodizing, Painting, or Conversion Coatings, or related field.
- 5 years experience working in a related manufacturing or processing environment.
- 5 years experience Auditing (internal or external processes), preferred
- 5 years experience in Quality Systems (e.g. ISO, AS 9100), preferred
- Expected to obtain delegation and approved auditor status within 2 years from date of hire.
- Technical knowledge of appropriate materials science/engineering disciplines/methods.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems and corrective action response.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with relevant Aerospace specifications.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as required by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to work for long periods at a computer/desk.
- Standard office environment.
Thursday, September 20, 2018