The Production Scheduler will plan and coordinate end-to-end supply chain planning, including when goods should be produced, in what quantity, while optimizing the balance between customer delivery requirements and inventory levels. The scheduler will us the in-house MRP system processes for inventory tracking, supplier scheduling, process and workflow management.
The Scheduler will interface with internal teams such as Sales, Engineering, Shipping as well as external stakeholders to validate and communicate production/shipment plans and associated strategies that support overall business objectives. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Function as the focal point in creating a production schedule using the best combination of MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system and other tools (i.e., Excel spreadsheets)
• Develop valid, feasible production schedules to meet customer requirements on time, based on equipment, labor and raw material availability.
• Review and analyze Purchase Orders from customers and communicate well in advance to all departments involved any issues that will have an impact on the due date.
• Assist with maintaining data integrity of the MRP system with respect to forecasts, sales orders, purchase orders, production orders, and inventory.
• Monitor, analyze and report performance of planned/executed production activities, and communicate to all departments involved any issues that will have an impact on the due date.
• Assist the production departments to execute the production schedule as planned.
• Identify and resolve supplier and internal errors that result in not able to ship parts on time to customer and cause discrepancies on scheduling.
• Monitor and maintain accurate inventory levels, daily production KPI’s and cycle counting activities.
• Ensure all customer inquiries are answered in a timely manner.
• Routine clerical duties to support department activities. May include supervision of others performing these duties.
• Coordinate and manage special projects as required.
• Minimum post-secondary diploma in Business Administration, Operations Management or a technical field along with 5 - 7+ years’ experience in planning/scheduling and proven performance in a manufacturing environment – preferably foundry/ heat treat.
• Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest and through. A versatile, self-starter with a positive attitude, who is cautiously assertive.
• Ability to modulate with a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads – to very focused detail-oriented work during critical projects.
• Strong customer service, management, organizational and communication skills are required.
• Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
• Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed production expectations.
• Work ethics that complement Company’s long-standing culture of high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity.
• Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office.
• Must have knowledge of MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system.