International Search Partners
- Chattanooga, TN
General Production Supervisor- commercial heat treat and finishing
This role is responsible for a large nitriding, coatings and finishing facility in TN.
- Review customer orders and specifications prior to entering new jobs into the system.
- Address customer queries via phone and email pertaining to schedules, ship dates, and quality, with a focus on satisfaction.
- Plan, implement, control, and delegate tasks associated with the production schedule, and review and adjust where needed.
- Procure supplies and raw materials needed for job completion.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including production control, operations, maintenance, and quality. This also includes vendors and subcontractors.
- Be responsible for human-resource related items, including performance management, payroll, PTO requests, employee relations, etc. Conduct new-hire training and on-going operational training, including maintaining records.
- Create and distribute office documents, such as order entries, routing cards, purchase requisitions, packing slips, and other associated documents related to production.
- Manage inventories.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy records pertaining to customer orders and internal projects.
- Follow and support established work procedures and control measures. Review and revise as needed with improvement measures.
- Follow and support all Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) standards and compliance. Report SHE incidents including near misses and unsafe acts / conditions immediately.
- Respect all guards, barriers and permits at all times. Intervene when there’s an unsafe act or condition.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects on the company’s dealing and working.
- Responsible for maintaining production equipment, including calibrations.
- Participate in regular and periodic audits when necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Advanced related training is preferred.
- Experience: Knowledge of heat treating, operations management, metallurgy, inspection and customer needs through technical and advanced training, seminars, college, B.S.M.E. (metallurgy) and/or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ practical experience in heat treatment and the ability to manage multi-level employees and functions with a minimum of five years’ experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Language skills: Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and written, including reports as required, attend staff meetings and interface with other departments.
- Requires basic knowledge of metals, furnaces and capabilities of all plant equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of tooling needs and costs. Tooling design experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and customer specifications.
- Must be knowledgeable in customer needs, material handling procedures, and quality control and have good computer skills.
- Must possess ability to ensure compliance of company rules as established by Corporate and the General Manager.
- Must be totally trustworthy, set a good example and maintain a positive company image.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.