International Search Partners
- San Dimas, California
Electrical/Software (Controls) Engineer
Designs electrical equipment and products, (software and hardware) within budget and time requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop software programs for HMI and PLC.
- Troubleshoot and debug electrical and software designs.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties.
- Confers with personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics. Develop bill of materials.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of AC and DC drives process equipment and sensors.
- Familiar with Hydraulic and Pneumatic designs and able to interface with Vendors.
- Combustion Controls, touchscreens interface, hardware & software design & integration, system configuration and documentation, technical training, installation support, commissioning, startup, maintenance & repair.
- Selects PLC, Operator Interface and other controls and electrical components and designs and configures control panels and motor control centers for Thorpe’s equipment.
- Programs PLC, Operator Interface components, and configures and calibrates field components.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC, operator interface equipment and software is desired.
- Knowledge of Wonderware products is also desired.
Bachelor's degree (BSEE) from four-year College or university; or two five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years controls engineering experience.
Thursday, September 20, 2018