International Search Partners
- North Chicago, IL
This position is responsible for developing the detail design of industrial heating equipment, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately follow specifications outlined in proposed projects to ensure that the overall production goal is achieved in the end.
- Generate the design and layout for Plant Equipment assigned including but not limited to;
- Plant G&A Layouts
- Plant Energy Equipment – Furnaces/Boilers/Burners, ductwork, etc.
- Flue Gas Conditioning Equipment – Ducting, Dust Collectors, Scrubbers, ESP/WESP, etc.
- Material Handling Equipment – Conveyors, Storage Bins, Fuel Feeders, etc.
- Support Platforms and Structures
- Foundation Criteria and Locations
- Assist in documenting Plant Level Process Flow Descriptions and Diagrams
- Assist in documenting Plant Level and Process Level Piping and Instrument Diagrams
- Generate Specifications and Request for Quotations for required Equipment Design
- Work and communicate with fabricators and sub-suppliers to achieve optimum and most cost-effective design
- Provide Support for Marketing Activities such as Proposal Generation, Cost Estimating, Sales Presentations, Etc.
- Evaluate designs to spot loopholes and fine-tune them to enhance their final outlook.
- Ensure that all designs are not complicated but easy to understand by clients, manufacturers and installers for easy interpretation even in their absence
- The above work will be accomplished in 3D, utilizing either SolidWorks software
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills and abilities)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Design, Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 3D design experience using Solidworks
- 7-12 years relevant experience in industrial equipment or machinery such as boilers, heaters, furnaces and/or associated equipment or other heavy industry.
- Ability to engage in multiple tasks at a time without losing concentration.
- Good temperament to deal with people in all situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, to effectively communicate with clients, manufacturers, and workers.
- Ability to maintain focus during distractions that could arise during productions.
- Must be able to follow instructions to the minutest detail to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to generate and present design equipment review presentations to both small and large group.
- Knowledge in MS Office
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Should be familiar with and have performed training in both Wechsler’s and our client’s plant safety programs.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors and customers.
- Able to participate in a team environment on assigned projects executing process engineering deliverables.
Friday, September 21, 2018
$66,000 - 78,000