Field Service Technician
International Search Partners
- Wixom, MI
Field Service Technician:
Design PC-based HMI interfaces for industrial heat treat furnaces using proprietary software, and implement the technology on heat treat equipment in the field. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with computer programming on any platform and have an interest in learning how industrial heat treat furnaces operate and are controlled. The applicant may acquire other skills required on the job. Familiarity with industrial PC configuration, PLC programming, industrial controls networking protocols, and some background in electrical controls is preferred, but not required in advance.
- Learn to design PC-based HMI screens using proprietary software provided by the company.
- Learn to implement PC-based HMI setup at the customer’s facility on company furnaces and equipment.
- Learn to implement and troubleshoot alarm messages from the PLC, furnace part recipes, and part tracking.
- Learn to startup/troubleshoot HMI and equipment operation at customer facilities.
- After some period on the job, train customer personnel how to navigate and use the HMI screens to safely operate and control the provided equipment.
- Learn to understand and troubleshoot how the PC-based HMI integrates with other technologies, including PLC programs for sequential motion control, industrial networks, etc.
- Learn to integrate various industrial controls, such as PLCs and other network devices to support systems.
- Learn other technologies related to the position, including alternative HMI software, technology required by customer specifications, etc.
- As skills and experience develop, the position provides opportunities for worldwide travel. Travel may eventually account for 25% of time on the job, or more.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience Requirements:
- Must be computer savvy and innovative with a strong “hands on” approach.
- Engineering degree desirable but not required.
- Field experience working around industrial equipment as plus.
- PLC programming capabilities a plus
- PC programming capabilities a plus
- Industrial network experience a plus
- Position requires some travel to customer heat treat facilities, both nationally and internationally, to assist in system debug and start up as necessary.
Tuesday, September 24, 2019